This half term's core value: Perseverance
Theme for this week (20-24 April): ‘Perseverance to finish the job’
The way in which our students think of those around the world who are less fortunate than us always amazes me. Our main overseas charity that we work with is ‘To Kenya with Love’ http://www.tkwl.org.uk/ and we sponsor a number of students via this charity to attend school. This week we look forward to welcoming Chris Wheat who works for the charity and brings us an update on how ‘our’ students are doing. Last week Mrs Capjon’s assemblies highlighted the work of another charity based in London http://webberstreet.org/ and we now have collecting boxes for any loose change in reception and the canteen.
On Tuesday we welcome back to the school Fran Williamson, six-time paralympic swimming medalist and five-time world champion for another inspirational assembly.
Events this week:
Year 10 exams continue this week.
• Monday – Peacejam at 1.15pm, Latin lessons for G&T students at 3.30, Canoeing Club at 3.30pm
• Tuesday – Homework Club at 3.30pm in the library, ‘Raising your Game’ meeting at 3.30pm
• Thursday –Table Tennis Club at lunchtime, Year 8 Parents Evening
• Friday – ASHS Swimming Club at 3.30pm
• Tuesday 28th April- Year 10 English trip to The Globe
• Wednesday 29th April- ‘Bandana day’ to raise funds for the Brain Tumour charity
• Thursday 30th April- Year 11 GCSE Practical exams start